Tuesday 31 December 2013

Top 10 Tuesday (#16) - best books I read in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish, where the writers, like me, are particularly fond of lists. 

This week's topic is...top 10 books I read in 2013. This is a tough one, since I read a lot of great books, and this list will probably change right after I compile it!



Reviews:

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Siege, Three Days of Terror Inside the Taj by Adrian Levy and Cathy Scott-Clark
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Fortunately, the Milk... by Neil Gaiman
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Lean In - Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I'd love to do a honourable mentions list, but it would get ridiculously long, so I'll leave it with my top 10. What were your favourite reads of 2013?

10 comments:

  1. Great list! Fangirl made it on my honourable mentions list this week. I'd love to read Fortunately, the Milk... as well, awesome that Skottie Young did the illustrations for that book :)

    Happy New Year! :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do read Fortunately, the Milk... It really made me laugh out loud, and was something different for me.

      Happy new year!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Fangirl was a favorite of mine as well, and I'm going to read Fortunately, the Milk too. It sounded kinda weird but I've seen so many recommendations for it I read the blurb, and it does sound funny. So I'll be giving that a shot. :)

    Nice list. Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend Fortunately, the Milk... It may be a children's book, but it's great for adults too!

      Thanks for stopping by, and happy new year.

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I adored Malorie Blackman's Noughts & Crosses series, so I have no idea why I haven't gotten to Noble Conflict yet! I really want to read some Rainbow Rowell, have heard only good things about her books. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Noughts & Crosses series, but have yet to get round to reading it. I really recommend Noble Conflict, it was great, and you should definitely check out Rainbow Rowell.

      Happy new year!

      Sarah

      Delete
  4. Awesome list! LOVE The Fault in Our Stars! That was definitely one of the best books I read in 2012. I still need to read Fangirl and Gone Girl. Hopefully I'll get to them this year.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!
    ~ Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, do read both of those others, they're brilliant. I hope you enjoy them, let me know what you think.

      Sarah

      Delete
  5. I loved Scorpio Races and Crown of Midnight. Must get a copy of Fangirl :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...